Peanut butter AND Mini Eggs… all rolled into thick and chewy blondies… What more could a person ask for?!
Blondies are so easy to make, and they might just be one of the tastiest treats you can bake! Never experienced the greatness of a blondie before? I’m sorry but you’ve been missing out! Think of these beautiful treats as the love child of a brownie and a cookie, the best of both worlds!
This recipe is seriously one of my all time favourites. The resulting blondies are rich, thick, and chewy – think peanut butter cookie… but 1000x better!
To make these blondies, you’ll mix up a thick cookie-style dough… but try your best not to eat it all before it goes in the oven! After baking and cooling, you can cut these bad boys up as big or small as you’d like! You can easily get about 20 medium size blondies out of one pan. Personally, my batch yielded 15 – but I like my blondies a bit bigger. Let me know if you have any more questions!
Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies
Prep Time: 15-25 minutes (depending on how fast your mixing arm is!) Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 35-45 minutes Yield: (1) 9x13 pan, about 20 medium sized blondies
- 1 cup butter or margarine – room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar- packed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter chips – HERE is my favourite brand
- 1/2 – 1 cup mini chocolate eggs – Optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a 9×13 pan with butter or choice of spray
- Cream together butter, sugars, and vanilla
- Add in eggs
- Stir in flour, salt and baking soda until combined Note: The dough will be super thick…but don’t fret, that’s what you want!
- Gently fold in peanut butter chips and mini eggs if desired
- Using a spatula, spread out the batter evenly so that is reaches all the edges of your pan
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top
- Cut into squares – and enjoy!
What’s your go-to sweet? Let me know in the comment box below!